Michael Jordan game stats
1. Kobe Bryant’s 81 things from their historical Jan. 22, 2006 game resistant to the Raptors tend to be 10 significantly more than others of his age. (Davis Robinson had 71 in 1994 on last day of the season to snatch a scoring title away from Shaquille O’Neal.) Michael Jordan’s 69 (as well as other other shows by MJ) is the only various other modern-day player within 18 points of Kobe’s 81, that is second all time behind, needless to say, Wilt Chamberlain’s 100 things. Wilt additionally holds the next, 4th, fifth, 7th and tenth highest-scoring games.
2. Bryant’s 81 points in a game when the Lakers scored 122 may be the greatest portion one player had of his team’s output (66per cent) as well as the highest percentage of things one player features previously scored in a game title both for teams (36per cent) in NBA history.
3. Fourteen games before losing 81, Kobe scored 62 points against the Mavs. It absolutely was the absolute most things he’d scored in a-game until that time and it is currently third on his all-time record.
4. Lest you believe Kobe had been simply sickness shots willy-nilly, their .609 shooting percentage that night had been his third-highest for the period.
5. Their 81 things also lifted their scoring normal 1.1 points over that single online game, which will be ridiculous considering than it emerged only short of halfway through the season.
6. Kobe features played the 19th many games in NBA history (1, 293) but has the third most points (in front of Michael Jordan). But that stat won’t be as impressive after Kobe retires because, barring damage, he should progress to No. 11 because of the end regarding the period.
7. No-one else in NBA/ABA record has played three years (two decades) with the exact same group.
8. No other shield has played two decades both.
9. Kobe will finish their career with the third-most free throws in NBA record additionally the fifth-most efforts. However, he’s only No. 84 along with his .837 average, which hardly leaves him above Bill Laimbeer.
10. The popular ball-hog is obviously No. 124 profession in helps per online game (4.77). Because I'm sure you're wondering, MJ is No. 91 with 5.11.
11. On basketball-reference.com, Kobe is listed as having four nicknames, a few of which everybody knows, other people I’m not sure about: Ebony Mamba, KB24, Vino.
12. Vino is an awful nickname and, honestly, KB24 is not far behind. Black Mamba though? That’s some A+ material.
13. Profession single-season highs for Kobe: Games — 82 (in 2002-2003, 2007-08, 2008-2009 and 2010-2011). That means that in those three months alone, Kobe played 300 NBA games, like the playoffs. And therefore’s and of course his Team USA games up to and including the 2008 Beijing Olympics. (It’ll be a crime if Kobe is left-off the 2016 Olympic roster, incidentally. I’m sure one of the younger people with a gold currently is all also pleased to give up their area.) In which had been we. Oh, right: single-season highs.
14. Points: 35.4 (2005-06, the season of his 81-point game)
15. Rebounds per online game: 6.9 (2002-03)
16. Assists per game: 6.3 (2013-2014)
17. Steals per online game: 2.2 (2002-2003))
18. Field goal portion: .469 (2001-02)
19. 3-pointers per game: 2.3 (2005-06)
20. 3-point portion: .383 (2002-03)
21. Effective field-goal portion (adjusts for value of shot): .504 (2012-13)
22. Free throws per game: 8.7 (2006-07)
23. Playoff points per online game (minimum two series played): 32.1 (2002-2003)
24. Playoff things per online game in a tournament period: 30.2 (2008-2009)
25. Things in All-Star game: 37 (2011)
26. A number of good-to-great NBA players had been taken before Bryant (over usual), just who went No. 13 inside 1996 NBA draft toward Charlotte Hornets before his fast trade to Los Angeles Lakers. They included Allen Iverson (#1), Marcus Camby (# 2), Shareef Abdur-Raheem, Stephon Marbury (No. 4), Ray Allen (# 5) and Antoine Walker (# 6). But there have been still many busts including Samaki Walker (number 9), Todd Fuller (No. 11) and Vitaly Potapenko (No. 12).
27. Kobe won just one NBA MVP award, one significantly less than Steve Nash and tied with Derrick Rose.
28. He did, but make 17 All-Star games (second behind Kareem) and now have 11 first-team All-NBA options (tied with Karl Malone for most useful previously).
29. Vino won four All-Star game MVPs, tied up for many ever, that is about appropriate.
30. Kobe was also a nine-time NBA first-team all-defense selection, tying him for many ever with MJ, Kevin Garnett and Gary Payton. (The honor features only existed since the late-1960s though)