Michael Jordan NBA stats
The NBA has been around action 15 times on Leap Day. Monday can certainly make 16.
In honor of the quirkiest 29th day's any month, listed here are 15 oddities you will possibly not realize about the NBA and Feb. 29.
- there has been 4, 051 players to arise in an NBA game. The chances of having a birthday on Leap Day are 1 in 1-in-1, 461. Consequently going purely because of the odds – and rounding off – you’d anticipate there to be three NBA people previously born on Leap Day. Hence’s just how many there has been. Happy Birthday to Chucky Brown, John Chaney and Vonteego Cummings.
|*Source: Elias Sports Bureau|
- in line with the Elias Sports Bureau, more points in a casino game on Feb. 29 is 43 by Oscar Robertson in 1964 in a make an impression on the 76ers.
- Robertson’s teammate with Cincinnati, Jerry Lucas, pulled down 40 rebounds because same online game. It’s probably the most rebounds any player features grabbed on Leap Day.
- Elias Sports Bureau research also tells us that John Stockton’s 19 helps on Leap Day in 1988 are the most dimes given out.
- As with the Robertson-Lucas online game, one of Stockton’s teammates moved down in that same Leap Day game. Karl Malone went for 41 points, the third-most points previously scored on Feb. 29.
- Don Nelson and Lenny Wilkens would be the two winningest coaches in NBA record. It’s no real surprise then that Elias notifies united states that Nelson and Wilkens each have four gains on Leap time, tied up for many by any head mentor.
- in terms of people picking right on up gains, Ben Wallace moved off successful four times, the essential by any player.
- Michael Jordan just played once on Leap Day, a 102-101 reduction to the 76ers in 1988 for which Jordan scored 35 things.
- The Magic tend to be an ideal 3-0 on Feb. 29 and, based on Elias, the only staff that is perfect on this extremely big day.
- on flipside, the Timberwolves tend to be 0-5 on Leap Day, the worst record by any group.
- the essential tips any group has scored on Leap time is 137, done three times: Dallas in 1996, Detroit in 1984 and Denver in 1980.